Monday 25 January 2016

Week 2 - Update and what I ate this week

An interesting week to remember, not without a challenge through.

Week 2 update.


I received PETA Vegan Starter Kit magazine this week. It contains a lot of useful information for a beginner like me, plus some yummy recipes to try out.  



Another exciting event is I baked a vegan cake. I am so happy to discover an easy recipe, thanks to the vegan corner.




My body: overall very well. This week I didn't feel hunger like the first week shortly after my meals. My tummy is calmer this week too. 

Sadly Thursday evening me and my little man got cold. We are on a road to recovery now, but you will see a bit less photos of my meals this week. I usually eat very simple and light when I get unwell. Plus looking after myself and the little buba kept me busy. 

My kitchen: Not much happened, but definitely more vegetables in the fridge and fruits in the basket. I prefer almond milk to soya at the moment. 

My boys: eat as usual. My husband voiced a concern, what will I eat when we will go out. Will be interesting to find out.

What I ate this week.
Breakfast:

Oat porridge with fresh apples
Oat porridge with berries
Oat porridge with fresh raspberries
Oat porridge with raspberries and bananas
Almond milk with crunchy oats, dry and fresh fruits
Bagel with cherry jam and green tea
Lunch:

Potatoes with fenugreek leaves, toasted flat breads and red onions
Courgettes pancakes with green tea 
Red split lentils and garden vegetables soup with wholemeal crackers
Spicy tomato soup with wholemeal crackers
Red kidney beans and potatoes stew with toasted flat bread 

Dinner:

Beans, rice and fresh salad
Aubergine pasta and potatoes salad

Courgettes and green peas fried rice
Courgette vermicelli and fresh salad
Red kidney beans stew, flat bread and gherkins

Snacks:

I had fresh and dry fruits, nuts and crackers for snacks. If at home tea and toast with jam or crunchy peanut butter. But my favourite this week was cup of green tea with a cake.  



Drinks:

I bought new green tea with flower petals. It tastes delicious without any sweetener.


Next step.

I think next step is a smoothie. Do you have a recipe of a simple, full of nutrients and delicious smoothie, leave a comment below.


How was this week for you?
Green Spoonful

No comments:

Post a Comment