Saturday 9 January 2016

One day it all changed

I knew that it's only the matter of "when" for me to start this journey. Its all began with my curiosity and bother regarding the toiletries I buy, the ingredients manufactures use to create them and the world behind the making the products. 

It is only natural that this flow of my thoughts rounded up around the food I eat too. Today is the first day of my journey and I am so glad to be brave enough to start it. The hardest for me was to overstep the stigma. I don't want to be judged on what I eat and I really don't want to be labelled with one word or two.

I started this blog to catalogue information I collect on my way. I hope this source will be useful not just for myself, but for you as well. At the moment it is much easier for me to talk to the strangers and share my new world. I hope within few weeks, months I will have enough confidence to share it with more people than my husband.

Before I start I would like to tell you a bit about myself. I am 32, a mother of two year old boy, relatively healthy and not overweight. I don't have any allergies either. 

The decision to become a vegetarian/vegan at the moment bases fully on aversion of "dead" animals, fish and the rest. As well, I heard that people on the plant base diet have a lot of energy to spare. I am in a great need of it. I find myself very tired and frustrated at times and often, so I hope my new eating habits will result in a high energy levels along the rest.

I haven't watched the documentaries about animal slaughter houses, but I grasped few bits and pieces on my way so far. I am confident in one thing at the moment, that I don't want to take a part in the animal suffering. I know I am only a person, but I am sure I am not alone in this world and one day there will be even more of us.

This blog isn't a propaganda either. It is your choice what you eat and I won't judge you on that. But I believe it is everyone's responsibility to make a conscious choice, based on knowledge not the ignorance.


I am so excited to start. I wish myself and you the great adventure...
Green Spoonful

No comments:

Post a Comment