Sunday 17 January 2016

Week 1 - Update and what I ate this week

An amazing first week!

Week 1 update.

My body: is in detox mode since day one. I feel better now, but I don't think that the process is over just yet. It is amazing how much useless stuff our bodies carry. I am glad that my face didn't break out in the process. Puff!

I have noticed that I have more energy to use up during a day and I am getting more aware of my body. I eat when I am hungry and stop when I am full.

I had some salt cravings too. I think this is because I ate much less processed foods this week. All my meals where or freshly cooked or reheated. Only snacks were processed, but I didn't have any biscuits or chocolates this week. I guess my body just adjusting to the changes.   

My kitchen: got many new foods to substitute some items I don't eat any more. Had a busy and fun time researching new things.

My boys: carry on and eat as usual. My husband isn't sure yet what I eat, but he was getting me some yummy things with V sign on them. I am getting a fine share of teasing too, apparently I talk more about food now. I am glad I have this place to pour my thoughts to, don't want to become a food fix person.

What I don't eat: meat, fish, seafood, eggs and dairy.


What I ate this week:

Breakfast:
Oat porridge with fruits and berries (Vegan)
Oat porridge with blueberries (Vegan)
Majority of my breakfasts were oat porridge with fruits and berries. I prefer my oat porridge with a bit of Soya milk to fill me up and a bit of salt. I don't add a sweetener to it, just berries are fine for me. 
My first few days I had it made with water only and just porridge for breakfast wasn't enough for me. I had two toasts with dairy free spread and cup of green tea on top of it. And that is time consuming for mornings before the nursery and work.

Lunch:
Spicy carrot and tomato soup with rice and toasts (Vegan)
Sandwiches made with home made hummus, Cavolo Nero greens, tomatoes and olives (Vegan)
Sandwich with hand made hummus and veggies (Vegan)

Toasts with black cherry jam (Vegan)
I didn't take photos of my work and some of repeat lunches.

Dinner:
Flat breads with spicy vegetables, hummus and red onions (Vegan)
Mung bean sprouts salad with veggies and Cavalo Nero greens (Vegan)
Potatoes in tomato sauce with rice and fresh salad (Vegan)
Pasta with beans and veggies accompanied by fresh salad (Vegan)
Red split lentils soup with veggies with Dhokla (savoury cake made of pulses flour and soy milk), rice and fresh salad.
Fried veggie rice with avocado salad seasoned with Tahini paste, olive oil and lemon juice (Vegan)
Tomato soup with sweet potato cakes and fresh salad with tamarind sauce (Vegan)

My portions size changed a lot this week. I eat much more than I used to. But I am glad that my new way of eating is varied and not boring.


Snacks:

I snacked on fruits, nuts, dry fruits and rice cakes this week. 
Dhokla and Indian chai with soya milk (Vegan)
Fruit salad (Vegan)
Toasts with crunchy peanut butter and green tea (Vegan)
Drinks:

Lot's of green tea, juices and of course water. I didn't like soya milk in my black tea, but it tasted good with the spicy tea.


You might be wondering: I am a Caucasian girl who is married to an Indian boy, so you will find a fusion of both on my plate. I am enjoying my new adventure and looking forward to my week 2.


Next step:

I love baking and would like to make Vegan biscuits or muffins next week. 


How was this week for you?
Green Spoonful





















No comments:

Post a Comment